If you’re running a B2B ecommerce website which deals with businesses and corporations, you’ll have come across requests to accept purchase orders to process the orders.
Purchase orders (PO) are a promise of payment for accepted orders from an authority figure in a corporation. It can be the HR manager or Purchase manager who’re placing the order with you.
When the company receives the invoice of the fulfilled order, they release your payment. So when you go into a contract with a company or accept purchase orders on your website, make sure that the company is trustworthy as the payments are released after the order fulfillment.
Magento 2 allows you to accept purchase orders through PO numbers.
Follow these easy steps to set up purchase order payment method in Magento 2 –
Step 1: Go to Stores => Configuration (under Settings)
Step 2: Expand Sales tab from the left sidebar and click on Payment Methods.
Step 3: Expand the Purchase Order section in payment methods configuration.
Step 4: Uncheck the Use system value box and fill in the following details –
- Enabled: Set this option to “Yes” to enable purchase order payment method.
- Title: Set the title you want to be displayed to the customer during checkout.
- New Order Status: Set this to “Pending” so that the order status remains pending till you receive the payment.
- Payment from Applicable Countries: Set whether you want to offer purchase order payment method for all allowed countries or not. You can set this option to one of the two following options:
- All Allowed Countries
- Specific Countries: Select this if you want to offer purchase order payment method only for specific countries from the allowed countries list.
- Payment from Specific Countries: If you select Specific Countries in the previous section, this list becomes available. Select the countries you want to allow purchase orders for.
- Minimum Order Total: Set the minimum order amount for which purchase orders are applicable.
- Maximum Order Total: Set the maximum order amount for which purchase orders are applicable.
- Sort Order: Set the position of purchase order payment method in the payment methods list. Set this to ‘0’ to set the first position for purchase orders option.
Step 5: Once you’re done filling in the necessary details, click on the Save Config button in the top right corner of the page.
You’ll be prompted to refresh invalidated cache types through a system pop-up message.
Follow these steps to flush the cache in Magento 2.
This brings us to the end of our tutorial on how to setup purchase order payment method in Magento 2.