You create coupon codes to run promotions and discount offers on your ecommerce store. But how do you track which coupon codes are performing well and which ones need tweaking?
You can easily generate coupon usage reports in Magento 2 to track coupon usage.
Reports are generated using three factors –
- Time Interval
- Order Status
Follow these steps to generate coupon usage reports in Magento 2 –
Step 1: Go to Reports => Coupons (under Sales)
You’ll see Coupons Report page –
Step 2: Select the scope of the report by selecting store view from the Store View drop-down list in the top left corner of the page. This is useful when you’ve multiple store views.
Step 3: You’ll see a message to refresh last day’s statistics. This is so that your report is populated with the latest data. Click on the ‘here’ button in the message to refresh statistics.
Step 4: Set filters for the report in the Coupons Report page as below:
- Date Used: Select which date you want to use for coupon usage report –
- Order Created: Date when the order was created using the coupon code.
- Order Updated: Date when the order was updated using the coupon code.
- Period: Select the format in which you want to view the report data –
- Day: Sorted day-wise. You’ll see coupon usage data for each day for the duration you specify.
- Month: Sorted month-wise. You’ll see coupon usage data for each month for the duration you specify.
- Year: Sorted year-wise. You’ll see coupon usage data for each year for the duration you specify.
- From, To: Set the ‘from’ and ‘to’ dates to specify the duration for which you want to see the report.
- Order Status:
- Any: You can choose whether you want to see the report for all orders by choosing this option.
- Specified: If you want to generate a report for only a specific order status, select this option. A new field will appear from where you can select the order status you want.
- Empty Rows: Set whether you want to remove rows with no data from the report. You can do this by setting this field to ‘No’.
- Cart Price Rule:
- Any: If you want to generate a usage report which will include all cart price rules created by you, select this option.
- Specified: If you want to generate a usage report for a specific cart price rule, select this option. A new field will appear from where you can select the cart price rule you want.
Step 5: Click on Show Report button in the top right corner of the page.
Your coupon usage report will be displayed in the following format –
Quick Tip: You can also export the report to a CSV or Excel XML file by selecting filetype from the Export to: drop-down list and clicking on the Export button.
This brings us to the end of our tutorial on how to generate coupon usage reports in Magento 2.