Do you want to boost sales for particular products in your Magento 2 ecommerce store? Magento 2 gives you the flexibility to add special prices and display their comparison with the products’ retail prices.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to use advanced pricing in Magento 2 and how the price changes look like on the store front-end.
The product page form is similar to when adding a new product or editing an existing product. So we’ll use an existing product to show how to configure advanced pricing.
Advanced Pricing in Magento 2
Step 1: Go to Products => Catalog (under Inventory).
Here you’ll see a list of all the products listed in your store catalog.
Step 2: Click on a product to display edit product page.
Step 3: Click on the Advanced Pricing button below Price form to show the Advanced Pricing page.
You’ll need to fill in the following details:
- Special Price: Specify the promotional price you want to set for your product.
- Special Price From and To: Set the duration for the offer price.
- Cost: This field is for the administrator. It is the cost of your product.
- Tier Price: Add condition for your special pricing (if you have any) –
- Website: Set which websites you want the special price to apply to.
- Customer Group: Set which customer group can avail the benefit of the special pricing:
- All Groups
- Not Logged In
- Quantity: Set the purchase quantity at which the special pricing becomes applicable.
- Price: Set the special pricing of product for this particular tier.Notice that the Tier Price condition we put is visible below the product price section.You can add more than one tier pricing according to your promotional campaign.
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: Specify the MSRP of your product. This is the minimum product price that can be advertised.
- Display Actual Price: Set whether you want the MSRP to be displayed on the product page:
- Use config: Use the default Magento settings.
- On Gesture: Select this option to display product pricing when a customer clicks on an actionable button to find out the price.
- In Cart: Select this option to display product pricing when a customer adds the product to cart.So when a customer adds the product to the cart they see the product pricing.
- Before Order Confirmation: Select this option to display product pricing right before order confirmation.The product price becomes visible when the customer adds a product to cart and proceeds to checkout.
Once you’re done configuring the advanced pricing, click on the Save button to apply the advanced product pricing.
This concludes our tutorial on how to configure advanced pricing in Magento 2.