You can accept payments through check/money order in Magento 2. This payment method is enabled in your Magento store by default. You can set certain conditions to allow this payment method – like minimum and maximum order amount or if the order is coming from a specific country.
You can change the configuration for this payment method by following these easy steps:
Step 1: Go to Stores => Configuration (under Settings)
Step 2: Expand Sales tab from the left sidebar and click on Payment Methods.
Step 3: Expand the Check/Money Order section in the payment methods configuration.
Step 4: Uncheck the Use system value box and fill in the following details –
- Enabled: Set this option to “Yes” to enable check/money order payment method.
- Title: Set the title you want to be displayed to the customer during checkout.
- New Order Status: Set this to “Pending” so that the order status remains pending till you receive the payment.
- Payment from Applicable Countries: Set whether you want to offer check/money order payment method for all allowed countries or not. You can set this option to one of the two following options:
- All Allowed Countries
- Specific Countries: Select this if you want to offer check/money order payment method only for specific countries from the allowed countries list.
- Payment from Specific Countries: If you select Specific Countries in the previous section, this list becomes available. Select the countries you want to allow checks/money orders for as a payment option.
- Make Check Payable to: Type in the account holder’s name to whom check will be payable.
- Send Check to: Type in the address along with postcode to where the check must be posted.
- Minimum Order Total: Set the minimum order amount for which check/money order payment method is applicable.
- Maximum Order Total: Set the maximum order amount for which check/money order payment method is applicable.
- Sort Order: Set the position of check/money order payment method in the payment methods list. Set this to ‘0’ to set the first position for checks/money orders option.
Step 5: Once you’re done filling in the necessary details, click on the Save Config button in the top right corner of the page.
You’ll be prompted to refresh invalidated cache types through a system pop-up message.
Follow these steps to flush the cache in Magento 2.
This brings us to the end of our tutorial on how to setup check/money order payment method in Magento 2.