Click-through rate or CTR
Click-through rate or CTR is the ratio of visitors or users who click on a specific button or link to the total number of visitors or users who viewed a page, advertisement or email.
It shows the success rate of a web page or an email campaign.
CTR can be measured on:
- A Pay-per-click (PPC) ad or search engine result page (SERP)
- A link on a landing page
- A call-to-action (CTA) button on a webpage/email
- Display ad on a social media platform such as Facebook, Instagram, etc
- Any element of a webpage such as a headline, link, image, button, etc.
How to calculate CTA?
The more CTA, the better!
Some of the average CTR’s of the industry
Let’s take a look at the average CTR of different industries.
- eCommerce has an average CTR of 2.69%
- B2B has an average CTR of 2.41%
- Education has an average CTR of 3.78%
- Dating & Personals has an average CTR of 6.05%
- Health & Medical has an average CTR of 3.27%
Amongst research of multiple industries, Dating & Personals industry tops the list of highest average CTR.