I am sure you have spen]t a little or a lot of money to attract visitors to your website. Are you doing lots of marketing activities through different platforms? whereas you still don’t find the improvement in revenue.
Well, Shopping Cart Email is a way to turn lost shoppers into potential customers and increase revenue. It’s sad to know that businesses are pouring water into a bucket with holes. How?
Well, we have seen that 7 out of 10 people abandon the shopping cart.
This shows that no matter how many visitors get to your shopping cart, they leave without taking action. But when visitors leave, do you send cart abandonment emails to them? If you’re not, you will lose a lot of income. The point is that usually, these shoppers intend to return after leaving at a suitable time.
Let me make this crystal clear with a story I have to share.
There was a time I tried shopping on a platform and my phone rang. I was very engrossed in the phone conversation. This made me forget I was to complete the payment process. I was willing to buy but something came up. Likewise, different visitors may want to buy. But something distracts them.
So if you don’t send emails to remind them, you will lose a lot of money. What you need to do now is implementing an e-mail strategy that works.
Probably you’re wondering what Abandoned Shopping Cart Email is?
Abandoned Cart Email is a series of follow-up emails sent to someone. He/she must have added items to the shopping cart but left the site without buying. This is sent to customers to encourage them to complete the transaction. Shopping Cart Email is the backbone of e-commerce. A high abandoned cart rate affects the overall conversion rate of your business.
If you do the basic things with great care, you should see increased revenue. You will be able to improve (ROI) return on investment and profitability for your business. As a sales recovery strategy, it is very effective. According to SaleCycle, almost all abandoned Shopping cart emails get a good open rate. And more than 1/3rd of total clicks lead to website purchases. You should know that customers often leave the shopping cart unintentionally.
Reasons why people Abandoned Cart
Return or exchange policies
Price or shipping
Complex payment process
Abandoned Cart Email Template
There are templates in any email marketing tool to create emails from. Tools like Wix, HubSpot or MailChimp have templates to help you get started. For example, you can design a Shopping Cart Email using ready-made templates. You will need to adjust images, designs, and messages. Standing out in the customer’s inbox becomes more difficult. The reason is that most businesses use almost the same strategies learned a few years ago.
Abandoned Cart Email Template examples to get inspired
Glossier (Source: Website Magazine)
Amazon (Source: Pinterest)
Chubbies (Source: Current Commerce)
PacSun (Source: Milled)
If you are sending an email campaign, there are some best practices to consider when planning your email.
1. Email Subject line/Headline: Your headline should be compelling enough for people to open the email. If you ask questions, offer discounts, use humor, shoppers would want to see.
2. Personalization: When it comes to sending emails to visitors, personalization is vital. A customer expects you to address them by name. Also, remind them of items left in the shopping cart.
3. Timing: Send an email to your abandoned cart prospects within 3 hours of the customer leaving the cart. You have to act fast to gain them back.
4. Copywriting: The copy must be actionable, concise, and persuasive. This should encourage them to complete the buying process.
5. Call-To-Action: This email should encourage visitors to complete the purchase. You will include something like “Buy Now” or “Resume Order” in the email.
6. Testimonials: Testimonials strengthen your brand and fear of losing among visitors. Especially those who abandon their shopping carts.
Important Tips for Cart Abandonment Recovery Strategy
1. Keep in touch: The latest GDPR release highlights the importance of consent for online marketing. As marketing experts, ensuring the correct recipient of emails is crucial. They must have given their consent to receive mail. It is a crucial part of providing a high level of commitment. When someone subscribes to your email list, it is clear that he has a legitimate interest in your emails. So, build a long-lasting relationship with them. They’ll trust you and take your desired actions.
2. Show confidence and credibility in your email: Many scammers are on the Internet. It’s not new that someone has lost money online and never got it back. Consumers are also becoming more cautious, and visitors who open your site will need more conviction. This is where testimonials can help transform these new visitors to buyers. One best way is using product reviews and ratings. So, potential customers can see products that others have previously purchased.
3. Enhance your email with other tools: If you could do one thing to an abandoned cart, it would be to develop a good email strategy. Email is an economical, scalable, way to recover more missed opportunities (revenue). If you use the innovations and emerging strategies included here, the recovery rate should also be high. Yet, there are few other things you can do to complement your email strategy. These strategies work not because you “do more” but because you use different methods to find alternate ways to talk to customers. It can optimize the personal preferences of customers, through text messages, emails, or phone calls, they want to hear from you.
4. Address objections: There are many reasons why people leave your site. Analyze and address probable objections in advance. If you can end the possible argument against buying before people think about it, you’re likely to increase sales. Address potential complaints by conducting customer surveys and site usability tests. Understand your customers’ possible concerns and find ways to address them in advance.
5. Make your copy attractive: All aspects of your brand should be appealing. Especially in marketing content, including emails. Get sales by standing out in a messy inbox.
Your visitors liked your offer that’s why they added it to cart.
It stays in their online shopping cart.
They need to return and complete the buying process.
We discussed everything you need to include in your email. As with the Call-To-Action, use informal tones in the email copy. Lastly, you want to make sure that you send a copy that’s not complex to comprehend.
6. Remind them about the cart abandonment: After some time, your customers will most likely decide to buy. Give them a few hours after cart abandonment to remind them of what they saw. The funny thing is that they may not plan to leave. Your site might have timed out or crashed. About 24% of customers cited “Site blocked” and 15% of them gave “Site exhausted” as a reason for not completing the transaction. Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may also be the cause of this issue. Customers may still want to buy. That’s why you need to remind them. Displaying the items they intend to buy will do well. Make it easy for them to continue from the abandonment cart email.
7. Create a sense of urgency: Shoppers are conscious of the fear of missing out (FOMO). People pay more attention to what they miss than what they get. As long as you use scarcity effects as a marketing strategy. This is an excellent Cart Abandonment Recovery Strategies. Common ways to use urgency in an email: Tell people what’s in their cart is limited stock or offer. Set alerts to show how many others are interested in the item.
Best email sequence for an abandoned cart.
This email sequence will inspire your research when setting up automated email sequences. for your customers.
Email number 1
Delivery time: 4 hours after cart abandonment.
Subject: Your order is still pending, please complete your order before the stock is over.
Goal: Close sales. Urgent. Here, you will inform potential customers that you have booked their order. They can now return and complete the order because stores operate on a limited supply chain. Take advantage of using a sense of urgency. Say you’ve booked their order and they should complete the transaction before they run out.
Email number 2
Delivery time: 24 hours after cart abandonment.
Subject: Last chance before the shopping cart expires.
Here, you can use almost the same content as the first email. Remind potential customers that their order is waiting and ask them to complete the order.
Email number 3
Delivery time: two days after cart abandonment.
Goal: Building authority.
Here, you use scarcity and urgency to leverage the benefits of product ownership and the content of the brand value proposition. To sum up, you will send testimonials via email to prove that a third party supports our product. Unlike the first two emails, this one does not link users to an abandoned shopping cart but to your website.
Email Number 4
Delivery time: four days after cart abandonment.
Subject: 10% discount on all products.
Goal: Convert non-buyers.
By this time, four days had passed since cart abandonment. You can send a discount code or offer potential customers a 10% discount on purchases.
Email Number 5
Delivery time: 5 days after cart abandonment.
Subject: Video demonstration.
Goal: Building rapport.
Here, you will not mention the discount from the previous email. Instead, reconnect with potential customers through the content of the product they added to the cart. This should link to valuable content to encourage their buying decision.
Email number 6
Delivery time: six days after the shipment leaves.
Subject: Boom has the last chance of a 10% discount!
Goal: Offer a discount.
Here, you will merge your discount offers. Therefore, inform potential shoppers about special offers. If they are still interested, this is their last chance to get it.
The first thing to know when designing an abandoned cart strategy emails is to send many. One email a day for five days. Online shoppers who receive numerous emails from an abandoned shopping cart are 2.4 times more likely to complete the transaction than e-commerce customers who receive once.
Cart abandonment email is a way to turn lost opportunities into revenue. As many as 7 out of 10 visitors get to your shopping cart, leave without completing the order.
Want to understand why they left your site without buying?
Use HumCommerce CRO Tool & watch session recordings for the shopping cart page. Ultimately, you can optimize your website to improve the abandonment rate. When visitors leave, do you send cart abandonment emails to them? Abandoned cart email is a series of follow-up emails. Successful businesses use Shopping Cart Email to their advantage. Usually sending out reminders to visitors who added items to the shopping cart but left the site without buying. The aim is to encourage them to complete the transaction.